The 10 Fun Things To Do In Los Angeles
Bathed in golden sunshine, Los Angeles lures visitors with its beaches, celebrities, and nonstop excitement. As you plan your next getaway, discover the diverse experiences this sprawling metropolis offers. Whether you seek thrills, chill vibes, culture, or California cuisine, LA delivers it all. Let your adventures unfold as you explore the best of what this iconic city has in store.
1. Escape Rooms
Want to feel like the star of your own real-life adventure movie? Escape rooms are one of the fun things and most thrilling activities to do in Los Angeles.
Here’s the deal: you and your family/colleagues/friends get locked in a room filled with puzzles, clues and mystery. Using only your wits as a group, you’ll need to solve a series of challenges in order to escape within 60 minutes. Feel that adrenaline rush as the clock ticks down!
Escape rooms are awesome for:
- Friends date night – bond while cracking secret codes together
- Family day – kids over 10 will find this as one of the fun things to do in Los Angeles
- Team building – coworkers won’t forget this exciting outing
Our top pick is LA.MazeRooms.com. Their rooms have ultra-creative puzzles and really immerse you in the adventure. Some of their most epic rooms that may get your heart racing are:
- Prison Break – Can you sneak out of your cell and escape prison before the warden catches you?
- The Experiment – A mad scientist has trapped you in their lab – uh oh!
- The Heist – Channel your inner Ocean’s Eleven crew and conspire to pull off the perfect casino heist.
Trust me, escape rooms are crazy fun. You’ll be talking about them long after you’ve escaped the room!
2. Soak up the Sun at one of Los Angeles’ Legendary Beaches
With over 75 miles of breathtaking coastline, Los Angeles is synonymous with beautiful beaches. Whether you’re in search of adult fun or best places to have fun in Los Angeles in Los Angeles, don’t miss out the beach fun. Dig your toes in these LA beaches:
- Venice Beach – Get your family or kids soak up the sand at this quintessential boardwalk. Keep an eye out for muscly bodybuilders at Muscle Beach!
- Santa Monica Pier – Ride the solar powered Ferris wheel with kids in Long Angels and play carnival games at this family-friendly pier.
- Malibu’s El Matador Beach – Enjoy picturesque rocky cliffs and sparkling blue water at this romantic hidden gem.
- Get a beach umbrella for relaxing
- Carry a swimwear if you plan to go for a dip
- A beach volleyball to join a friendly game
- Build epic sandcastles, work on your tan
- Soak in the chilled-out SoCal vibes.
Don’t forget to catch a legendary Pacific Coast sunset – it’s the perfect way to end a beach day LA style.
3. Theme Park Dreamland in Los Angeles
Fun things to do in Los Angeles with kids aren’t complete without a pilgrimage to a famous LA theme park. Dare to ride California’s tallest and fastest rollercoasters with your family!
- Disneyland – Step into the Magical Kingdom and get your pixie dust fix. Dance with Disney characters and watch the spectacular nightly fireworks over the castle.
- Universal Studios – Pull an all-nighter to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, experience King Kong in 3D, and have a blast at Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain – For young adults, riding twisted rollercoasters like X2 and Tatsu is the real deal. These aren’t for the faint of heart!
- Legoland – Geared toward younger kids, this park has fun Lego-themed shows, rides and attractions.
Make memories that will last by making theme park adventure one of the 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles.
4. Hollywood Adventure is another Fun Thing to Do with Family in Los Angeles
Hollywood is one of the fun places to have fun with kids in Los Angeles. From the Walk of Fame to the Hollywood Sign, do all the sightseeing essentials in Los Angeles’ most famous district.
Hollywood magical activities that that awaits:
- Get starstruck seeing over 2700 celebrities on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Find your favorite and get your pic!
- Make all your friends insanely jealous with a hike to this iconic landmark.
- Create memories with family by touring Paramount Pictures Studios for an exclusive behind-the-magic look at movie lots and sets.
- Imagine you’re Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman while window shopping on ritzy Rodeo Drive.
- For those looking for fun couple things to do in Los Angeles, catch a comedy show or live music gig on the Sunset Strip to experience Hollywood nightlife.
Lights, camera, Hollywood action! This glam district is a must, whether you’re an entertainment industry insider or starstruck tourist.
5. Cheer on LA’s Sports Teams
Experience the electrifying energy of LA sports fans cheering their hometown teams to victory. Looking for fun things to do in los angeles for couples? Adorn your jersey and catch your favorite team in action:
- Get decked out in purple and gold to see the Lakers dominate at Crypto.com Arena.
- Cheer on reigning Super Bowl champs LA Rams at SoFi Stadium.
- Eat dodger dogs and enjoy the game at LA Dodgers baseball games.
- Tailgate beforehand for the full experience of a day at the game.
The sports rivalries and devoted fans bring infectious excitement. Join the animated fans as they stand up and shout for their favorite teams. Catching a game of the beloved Dodgers or Lakers is a cherished local tradition. The electric energy and cheering crowds create an unbeatable game-day atmosphere. Sports fans will love repping their team colors and cheering them on to victory!
6. Shopping in Los Angeles
Fashionistas and shopaholics, get ready for retail therapy in shopper’s paradise. Worried that there are no enough fun activities for adults in Los Angeles CA? Make room in your suitcase and hit the amazing shopping hotspots.
Top shopping destinations:
- Rodeo Drive – Go window shopping on luxury lane to ogle Chanel, Prada, Harry Winston.
- The Grove – This pretty outdoor mall has chains like Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s for one-stop shopping.
- Melrose Avenue – Shop the latest trends from upcoming designers and indie boutiques.
- Abbot Kinney – Browse artsy shops for unique gifts, eclectic clothes, and vinyl records.
From discount outlet deals, to splurge-worthy Rodeo Drive, LA serves up amazing shopping at all budgets. Time to add glamor to your wardrobe if you are looking for fun stuff to do in Los Angeles!
7. Griffith Park Playground
Spanning over 4,000 acres, Griffith Park is a green oasis in the heart of LA. Within this vast urban playground, families can enjoy quality time at the Griffith Park Playground. Little ones will love the jungle gyms, play structures, and picnic areas perfect for birthday parties.
- Meet lions, giraffes and koalas at the LA Zoo.
- Marvel at the stars in shows at Griffith Observatory’s iconic planetarium.
- Ride the mini trains from around the world at Travel Town. Kids love this!
- Spot the Bronson Caves made famous as the Batcave in DC Comics.
- Enjoy family fun with pony rides and a old-school merry go round.
With plenty of room to run around, Griffith Park offers fun things to do in Los Angeles for kids and is centrally located. Kids adore the miniature train rides at Travel Town and whimsical merry-go-round.
Grown-ups will appreciate the groundbreaking cosmic shows at Griffith Observatory. With options ranging from epic hikes to carousels, Griffith Park offers fun for the whole family in Los Angeles.
8. Farmers Market Flavors
For a taste of LA’s amazing local food scene, you have to hit up an authentic farmers market. Scouring the bountiful fresh produce also counts as one of the fun experiences in Los Angeles!
- Santa Monica Farmers Market – 200+ food vendors gather for this crazy impressive Sunday market.
- Studio City Farmers Market – Sample artisan treats while grooving to live music at this hip Sunday market.
- Hollywood Farmers Market – One of the liveliest markets with food trucks, snacks and entertainment.
Farmers markets offer a thrilling LA experience. They are also great options for cheap fun things to do in Los Angeles, with free entry and live music. Wandering the stalls tasting fresh berries, sipping local wine, nibbling on empanadas, and jamming to music makes for a perfect LA Saturday morning.
9. Live Music Heaven
No matter what music you love, LA has a vibrant live music scene spanning all genres. See big acts rock out at legendary venues with your loved one in these iconic venues:
- Hollywood Bowl – See incredible shows under the stars in this iconic outdoor amphitheater.
- Whisky a Go Go – Catch up-and-coming bands at the legendary Sunset Strip rock venue.
- Hotel Cafe – Experience intimate performances at this cozy venue.
- The Roxy Theatre – Jam out to live music at this Sunset Strip staple since 1973!
With concerts happening every night, hitting these venues is among fun things to do as a couple in Los Angeles. Let the good times and tunes rock on!
10. Museums & Galleries
When you’ve got Hollywood glamour, it follows that LA is brimming with incredible museums and galleries. They are some of the best places to have fun in Los Angeles.
Checkout these galleries & museums:
- The Broad – This contemporary art museum is home to Yayoi Kusama’s famous Infinity Mirrored Room.
- LACMA – See Picasso, Warhol and ancient artifacts at the largest art museum on the West Coast.
- Getty Center & Villa – Set on a hilltop with panoramic views, the Getty is a work of art itself!
- MOCA – Check out top-class exhibits at Downtown’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
From modern masterpieces at The Broad to rare Impressionist paintings at the Getty, fuel your creativity at LA’s amazing museums showcasing edgy contemporary and classic art.
Whether you’re seeking thrills for young adults or chill vibes with family, LA has endless fun activities for young adults, couples, kids and workmates. Follow this local’s guide to experience the 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles. From families to couples, groups of friends to solo travelers, anyone visiting the City of Angels is sure discover something fun and uniquely LA! Now get out with your family and kids and do all the epic things that make your heart race at this sunny SoCal destination!